Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Let’s stop calling flu vaccine for the elderly “High Dose”

How high is that dose?

How high is that dose?

From everything I’ve been reading, the higher dose flu vaccine is very effective for older people. But I’m concerned that the name, officially Fluzone High-Dose, may scare people away. I spoke to my friendly, informative Osco pharmacist when I got the flu shot a few weeks ago. She told me that she was recommending High-Dose to older people but that some were nervous because it sounded like maybe it would be too strong for them. The pharmacist lamented that she had to call it High-Dose since that’s its name.

I’m not in the habit of giving free advice to drug companies like Sanofi-Pasteur, maker of Fluzone High-Dose, but in this case I’ll do so for the public good! Here are a few ideas they could feed to their branding consultant:

  • Fluzone Senior
  • Fluzone Senior Protect
  • Fluzone Plus
  • Fluzone Silver
  • Fluzone 65+

Image courtesy of renjith krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

By healthcare business consultant David E. Williams, president of Health Business Group.



from Health Business Blog http://healthbusinessblog.com/2015/10/14/lets-stop-calling-flu-vaccine-for-the-elderly-high-dose/
via A Health Business Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment